Some Post Trip Thoughts.......

I would like to give some quick comments after a 10 day trip with our Cusader 295RST. First. Pulling the unit with my 2012 F250 gasser was smooth and easy. I had a set of Timbrens added to the rear before we left and they worked very well. Gas mileage sucked but I expected that. We traveled from our Sussex NJ seasonal site to Copake, NY, then to the White Mountains of NH, to Lake George and then returned while averaging just under 9 miles to the gallon. The Pullrite hitch worked seamlessly. Hitching and unhitching was a snap and backing in on tight angles was night and day from our previous travel trailer. We have had the 295rst since May on our seasonal site so we would have already come across any bugs in the unit but the only issue I came across was the table scratched the island during the driving. Perhaps I should have put a cushion or towel to protect it but I never gave it any thought. I notice a caulking issue in the drain of the island sink. Seems to be coming loose but I can deal with that myself or I will have it fixed. Finally the 10 days of living in the unit with Betty Ann and Nina was extremely comfortable. Just what we were looking for. We even met another camper from Montreal at our Lake George campground with the exact same trailer and color also very happy. Looking forward now to our weekends at the seasonal site. I will add more thoughts as I think of them.

 

Comments